(erielack) Newark City Subway

At the risk of straying away from EL content, I wanted to say that I too miss the old PCCs and took my one and only ride on them in August 2004 only 2 weeks before they stopped running.  The old PCCs combined with the atmosphere of the old stations, tunnels, platforms, and signals, was as close to time travel as I think you could ever come in 2004.  I especailly like the point at which the NCS crosses over the DL&W cut.  One of the old yellow DL&W speed limit signs is still visible here on the wall of the cut (obligatory EL content).  It was a sweet experience that I will never forget.  I hope all the PCC cars are being well cared for in storage as they await the next chapter in their lives, which is hopefully NOT scrapping.  Anybody know what is going to happent to them?
Thanks, and sorry for the non-EL content I just couldn't resist a comment on the Newark City Subway.
Charles Schneider

- -------------- Original message from "Philip Martin" <martinpl3_@_earthlink.net>: --------------