Re: (erielack) H-24-66 Information Sources

Todd,

Books good! Magazines good! The more the better even gooder.

As for my source(s)? Well when I was researching an all time DL&W diesel
roster (which I also put on the ELHS web site, although I did it for my
own purposes) I used the following although not complete list:

Tabor Vol 2
DeYoung EL in Color: Various
Various X2200 South issues including #83 with a roster based on the work
of our own Steve Timko.
Erie Power
Railroad Magazine
Shop Records
Former Employees

People are more than willing to provide quick (wrong) answers (myself
included at times I shamefully admit though not intentionally) to any
question (except the ones I ask it seems) especially on email lists and
groups. If the information actually matters it is up to the recipient,
just as it always has been, to verify the information using other
sources if at all possible.

Yes printed material contains factual errors too, but generally they are
know errors. The only problem is finding people who know they are known
errors. With respect to the DL&W, Erie and EL I have something in the
works which should help alleviate that problem.

Another project is a more accurate Erie roster than currently exists (no
Steve I haven't forgotten about it!). I'll leave someone else more
interested than I am in the EL to do its roster. Ah...so much to do and
so little time. :)

Oh and Todd, I haven't forgotten about the DL&W Syracuse siding listing
either. It IS on the stack.

Regards,

Will Shultz