(erielack) Van Swerigen/AMC Joint

To all Listers:

We have had several inquiries from our members and others concerning the Convention at Cleveland, September 28-October 1. The Van Sweringen/AMC Joint Symposium Convention is coordinated by the Northern Ohio Association of Railroad Societies (NOARS). Nickel Plate Road Technical & Historical Society contacted ELDCPS early to invite us as a co-participant. Of course, we immediately accepted, and we are pleased to be a part of the Convention.

The misunderstanding concerns the two Banquets. The Banquet Friday, September 29, is the annual Banquet for the NKPH&TS, with speaker Jim Toman.

Saturday, September 30, there will be a Banquet sponsored by NOARS, and all participants (NOARS-NKPT&HS-ELDCPS-C&OHS-ELHS) are invited to attend. Let me be perfectly clear, the Saturday Banquet is NOT just for one group. Any of the individual participants or invitees can attend. AMC Official Banquet speakers will be Rich Melvin, Operation's Director, NKP 765, FWRRHS, and Tom Nitza, FWRRHS. ELDCPS invites all of our members to attend this joint Banquet, as the speakers will be focusing on the restoration and operation of NKP 765. Your officers decided against organizing our own Banquet at the Convention for ELDCPS members, choosing instead to join with the other Societies. ELDCPS Officers have previously met with Rich Melvin, and ELDCPS has committed to work with FWRRHS in the future. So the topic will be a concern and of interest to us.

ELDCPS Officers will also be meeting with NKPT&HS Directors to discuss the possibility of working together on several projects.

At 9:00 AM on Sunday, October 1, ELDCPS will open our Annual Meeting for official business. Location of the meeting at the Hotel to be announced. All ELDCPS members are asked to attend, as you will be participating and voting on issues at the meeting. A complete update on our equipment will be presented, as well as up to date photos of our first car in service, NKP 10-6 Pullman "City of Lima". We will also present plans and goals for next year. Our Annual Meeting will be open to all non-members who would like to attend and learn about our unique, member based Society. ELDCPS members in good standing are the only persons permitted to make motions, participate, and vote on business presented at the meeting. Membership participation is important to us!

We will be there at our Booth most of the time. Please stop by and visit with us!

Kind regards,

John Boehner, Vice President - Operations
ELDCPS