Re:(erielack) Disp Line

Randy Brown and Bob Stafford-  On the Pennsy's New York Division, where I
spent most of my time as an operator, I don't recall hearing the term OS
much.  But as on the EL, different divisions had different practices.  When
I'd get on the dispatcher's line, I'd just say the name of the tower, and
wait for a response.  For example, I say G, and then wait.  I'd hear the
operator at Bordentown, who was also on the back roads dispatcher's line,
say BO, and wait for a reply.  Then I'd talk to the operator at PU in
Phillipsburg. The two sort of went together.
Thanks for telling me what the letters OS stand for.  I hadn't heard that
before.
Philip