RE: RE: (erielack) Clearances (was: A study of two ex-D&H SD45s)

> I think Erie [later E-L] motive power clearances were
> influenced by the
> 'tunnels' on the Cleveland line before it reached the harbor
> area. George
> Elwood had some articles on the operations in this area, and
> Steve Timko can
> definitely add details.

Once again, I would love to see someone - ANYONE! - provide corroberating evidence of why the SD45s had low-profile appliances! The Cleveland "tunnel" excuse is the most commonly-heard one, but does anyone have documentary evidence of this?