RE: RE: (erielack) Clearances (was: A study of two ex-D&H SD45s)

> I wish I had time to dig today, but IIRC in one of my EL
> books there were units that had their horns lowered because
> there was a height restriction on the New Haven. Where they
> would be running through. Although nobody noticed that the
> horns were in the standard place on the NH units.
>
> I want to say it's in Erie Lackawanna East by Karl Zimmerman.
>
> Mike Spinelli
> on the West End

Mike,

The problem with stuff like this in most books is that rarely are references
given, and this could have been second-hand info. I personally don't believe
the NH run-through argument, because I have shots of PC SD45s on these
trains without low-profile equipment.