(erielack) EL 823 survives, in a way

Paul, thanks for the straight poop on this locomotive.

Paul B

From: "Tupaczewski, Paul R (Paul)" <paultup_@_lucent.com>
Subject: (erielack) EL 823 survives, in a way

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-08-11-06

untitled.jpg (image/jpeg, 320x480 39696 bytes, BF: 3.87 ppb)

Got this from a friend of mine, I found it amazingly novel and thought the list would, too.

> Just when you thought the EL 823 (E-8a) had been scrapped in its entirety, part of it surfaces. The door on this outhouse is the back door of E8a locomotive EL 823.  A former EL employee salvaged the door during a rebuild session many years ago after the unit was
 >  wrecked.  The door still functions as intended, keeping out drafts.....over 55 years later.......at a working outhouse in the Southern Tier of New York !

Photo attached! :)