RE: (erielack) Duplexes, Triplexes, Articulateds and so on -- OT?

Yep, off topic, all right.  But in any event, your question shouldn't be about duplexes, it should
be about articulateds.  And I believe the answer is yes, they were considered, but AFAIK, never
built. Who considered them?  On thin ice, I'll say the Southern . . . Maybe SP.  I've read about
this somewhere . . .

SGL