(erielack) EL & Erie 50' double door boxcars

Hi folks. Yesterday I had a little free time and a few extra bucks in my
pocket.  Off  to the hobby shop I went! I bought N scale models of EL 65030
and Erie 66009. 65030 is Micro-Trains part # 78050, 66009 is Intermountain
part # 65605-02. The Micro-Trains packaging states that 100 of the cars were
made in 1941. The car is in EL paint, but could it have lasted too far into
the merger years? It was 19 years old by merger time after all. Also, was
the series of cars 65030 was in ordered by Erie or the DLW? EL 65030 also
has doors on one end, I'd guess for loading autos. Though the Erie 66009 is
stenciled for automobile/furniture loading, it has no end doors. Did Erie
decide it wasn't worth the extra cost of end doors and making sure the car
was facing the right direction for loading? Or is this simple model making
inaccuracy? One more question. Cars lettered for automobile and furniture
Or was it just mixed use, loaded in one direction only? The former would've
been much more economically pleasing obviously. Just curious. Any and all
answers will be much appreciated. Feel free to throw in data that wasn't
asked about also! Todd