Re: (erielack) EL & Erie 50' double door boxcars

Thanks very much for the data Paul, it helps out alot. Fire trucks ha?
Probably couldn't get those through the double doors, not with the doors
being in the middle of the car anyhow, hence end doors. Per your statement
in reference to Erie 66009, "This series didn't need the end doors because
it had double-doors, and a car could be driven through that wide opening.",
both of the models I bought have double doors, just to clarify.

www.rr-fallenflags.org   has 3 nice Dan Bieracki photos of the Erie 65000
series cars.

Side view:

http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/el/frt/erie65000b.jpg

View of end with doors, doors closed:

http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/el/frt/erie65000adb.jpg

View of end with doors, doors open:

http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/el/frt/erie65000bdb.jpg

At least the last 2 pictures are Erie RR photos, not sure about the first
one. Todd

Paul's original  reply: