  From: Paul Brezicki
  Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2006 7:25 AM
  Subject: Automotive traffic

  Yes Todd, "TV" (TrailVan) was the PC and then CR symbol for intermodal trains. It was created by PC as a blending of PRR "TT" (TrucTrain) and NYC "SV" (Supervan) symbols. They also had "Mail" trains, which were Flexivan consists in PC days. TV-79 was the main NY-Chicago TOFC symbol on the Water Level Route during the first half of CR, leaving N Bergen in the wee hours and arriving Chicago around 0700 the next morning.

  Paul B

  From: "Todd Stearns" <toddsyr_@_twcny.rr.com>
  Subject: (erielack) Re: Automotive Traffic (was El Erie 50' double door boxcars)

  Again, thanks Paul. TV-79. Was that a Conrail train? Sounds like one of their train numbers if I remember right.

  http://www.eset.com