Re: (erielack) Pocono Chrysler Facility

Scott,

     According to my notes, the Lead Track to the subject facility shown on
Page 19
of my book subsequently branched out into 4 stub tracks with a capacity of 8
cars
with access protected by gates. Old Track 3 from Mount Pocono to Pocono
Summit
formed a Runaround Track with a capacity of 22 cars and a Tail Track with a
capacity
of 10 cars plus 2 locomotives. Due to limited sight distance around Mammy
Heater's
Curve, the railroad installed a light and horn signal system for crews that
switched this
facility to pass signals. Unfortunately, this horn sounded very similar to
horns on the
nearby fire house and resulted in some perplexing moments I have been told.

   Bill Sheppard