(erielack) Re: EL Mail List Digest V3 #2500

Re: LV
If you look in a couple of the LV photo books (Morning Sun et al.) you will
find several photos of the Maple Leaf, with its CN sleepers. LV sleepers
weren't used on the train iat least in later years; although making a statement like
this can be problematic---quite often when such is done, someone will come
with an arcane contradicting incident! The LV sleepers were all older "standard"
cars, like the Lackawanna's e.g. Bowman Lake. The CN cars were the modern
streamlined cars. (We rode in a similar CN car a couple of weeks ago from
Vancouver to Jasper--car was a 6-6-3---6 roomettes, 6DBr, 3 sections-which were in
use (not by us). Great trip-dome, diner,etc)  The train (Maple Leaf)ran
eastbound via the Mountain Cut-off. Picked up a diner lounge/cafe-lounge (I think) at
Lehighton eastbound. Does on my railroad as well--I make the crew ensure that
the D/L-C/L (usually1000) is placed between the coaches and the
sleepers.Sometimes I uses a DL&W car, for list content.
Jim