(erielack) LV

At 05:33 13-09-2007, you wrote:
>Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 18:01:21 EDT
>From: "Janet & Randy Brown" <jananran_@_mymailstation.com>
>Subject: Re:(erielack) LV
>
>It's been said before but it bears repeating :   if you can find an
>Official Guide to the Railways for the era which intetests you, it
>will provide literally yars of reading and information.  It will
>provide the schedule and composition of every passenger-carrying
>train running at the time of publication, as well as a listing of
>virtually all the railroad stations on the continent.
>
>The guide was intended as a throwaway -- eventually -- and was
>printed on pulp paper as a paperback.  I do not know the circulation
>figures, but there must have tens of thousands of copies distributed
>every month.  They are still out there, in one condition or another;
>train meets and eBay are good places to look.  Of course, the older
>it is, the more it costs.  I have a few, but only one pre-EL --
>which I will keep.  Some of the rest are pre-Amtrak, some are
>pre-ConRail.  What's your time frame?
>
>Randy Brown

Randy,

Yes the OG is a wonderful resource.  I used to visit the CN Passenger
Office in Buffalo during the late 1960's-early 1970's.  He gave me
last months edition when the new one came in.  I have a bunch now
from older time periods.  The only thing it doesn't do is always
specify the type of sleeper etc.

My time period will be loosely 1965-1972 and based on Central
Terminal in Buffalo.  It's done on the Holodeck so the LV Maple Leaf
will still run along with the Phoebe Snow, Lake Cities, CN Turbo, etc.

Dale