Re:(erielack) LV

It helps to know sleeoer types.  For instance, "berths, roomettes and bedrooms" strongly implies a 6 section/6 roomette/ 4 double bedroom lightweight.  "Berths and DBRs" probably means a 6 section/6 DBR heavyweight.  "Roomettes and bedrooms" is a 10 rmtte/6 DBR lightweight.

Once the lightweight era was firmly established, sections (or "berths") were rare, except for the 6-6-4.  Compartments usually appeared in an all-room car with drawing rooms and, maybe, DBRs.

You can get fooled, however.  Erie rebuilt some 12 section/ 4 DBR heavyweights by converting six of the sections into roomettes -- a 4 sec/6 rmtte/4 DBR.

This just scratches the surface, of course, but it does give you an idea of the patterns.  Ain't it fun?

Randy Brown

Randy,

Yes the OG is a wonderful resource.  I used to visit the CN Passenger  Office in Buffalo during the late 1960's-early 1970's.  He gave me  last months edition when the new one came in.  I have a bunch now  from older time periods.  The only thing it doesn't do is always  specify the type of sleeper etc.

My time period will be loosely 1965-1972 and based on Central  Terminal in Buffalo.  It's done on the Holodeck so the LV Maple Leaf  will still run along with the Phoebe Snow, Lake Cities, CN Turbo, etc.

Dale