(erielack) Water bottles...

Could someone explain "water bottle" service - I know that the EL at one time brought tank cars into Croxton, parked them and then 'unloaded' them into a convenient connection for disposing of liquids, but I never did hear the full story.  All I know is that one night while switching a string of cars, I almost got drenched because the 'lid' on the tank car (old style) turret  was left open.
Bruce Alcock
OK