RE: (erielack) Water bottles...

> I could almost smell the place from looking at the pictures.
> Boonton was such a fragrant community back then.  My father
> used to call it the "fat factory".
>
> I'm sure they employed quite a few people in the Boonton area
> when open.  Did it affect the town much when it closed?

Not really. The plant was already beginning to scale back starting in
the late 1970s. My grandfather and father both worked for PVO when they
came to this country from Poland back in the late 1960s, and they were
laid off in the mid-1970s. You could tell the plant activity was slowing
down, and I'm sure most of the employees saw the handwriting on the wall
and looked elsewhere.