Re: (erielack) Erie Bell

Thanks Mike for the info. I'm still trying to find someone locally here that has more information. I'll keep everyone posted.

  Rob Piecuch

McMike5405_@_aol.com wrote:
  Hi Rob,

I'm from Deposit and if it helps, my grandmother was from Elmira. I don't
know about the Elmira bell but Deposit and Hancock also were given a bell by
the Erie and the two schools competed in football for it for years. When I
was in school 35 years ago it sat in the auditorium of Deposit having been
finally won permanently after a number of years. A few years ago, I read in the
Deposit Courier that the Deposit principal had put it back up for grabs
between the two schools to help school spirit.

I assume the Erie gave them out to communities when they were changing over
from steam to diesel. I'll see if my older friends might know when they got
it.

Mike McMurray,
now of Saranac, NY

 Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.