Re: (erielack) Erie pass. trains photos-WNY

They both look like railfan excursions or special movements to me.

The one in Buffalo with the 1100 could be a railfan chapter trip on the  B&SW
or perhaps to the Falls.  The person in the baggage car door looks  to be
leaning on a retainer of some sort.  Being June of 1955, steam would  not be
required for the non-AC cars and the low numbered 1100's were assigned at  Buffalo.

As far as the 1400 and 1401 at Hornell; again, perhaps a Boy Scout Special
or railfan special.  There is a drumhead on the coach next to the 1401 so I
would think the 1400's came from the Port Jervis area for a shop tour and the
units have just run around the train after servicing.  The units look to be  on
the east side of the shop, perhaps returning to the train through the  shop.

Opinion for what it is worth, but darn nice photos.

smt