Re: (erielack) EL GEs vs EMD/ALCOs

I was told this while working in the W&LE shops. They were going to
lease some older GE's but could not find any parts distributers. We had
a whole carload of GE manuals that just sat there collecting dust. I've
alsoi heard the same thing from a big shot at the Ohio Central, which
runs a few of them.

A lot of car companies do the same thing. I know what you're saying
about consumer electronics, I was an electronic tech when everything
went to "replace the whole unit".

Mike Spinelli