Re: (erielack) Attica Branch Questions

So the salt traffic at Silver Springs was not interchanged at all but was
produced by an EL customer? That makes more sense. Thanks for that info,
David. Clarification: the G&W salt was p/u at Attica or Lancaster by BM-7 on
its way to NT?

Paul B

To all listers amd another interested people, The salt minning operation @
Silver Springs was owned by Morton Salt. Switched by Erie crews on the W/F I
belive that came west from Hornell and returned back to there. The other
salt min nung @ Gregsville was a different company. That line was serviced
by Bx crews near the end of the E-L. Before the merger Erie & Dl&W the cars
were picked up by the Rochester job, either Bx crews or Rochester crews.
Depends which crew was departing Rochester for Bx. the train always had HOT
cars for B M 7 to go west. They (the cars ) were either p/u @ Lancaster or
Attica. Depended what time in the AM it was. BM 7 was usually ordered about
3am to depart Bx. I hope this answers a few of your questions. I also worked
that run for about 6 years until we went into CR. If you have any more
questions let me know . D.J. Heckman. ELHS3294