Re: (erielack) Salamanca Industries--Steamtown Archives

Bob and all,

Steamtown has a significant collection of railroad related archives and
museum objects.  I am always happy to welcome inquiries via e-mail, phone
and in person.  I typically work Monday thru Friday.  I urge advance notice
when someone wants to look at our research library or access our archives,
if I am not on-site. no one else can give you access, though if you walk in
and I am here I will try to help.

We have an active collection policy, though our focus is on the anthracite
related railroads with a focus (but not exclusive emphasis) on steam
railroads.  To understand the steam railroads of the past, you need to
understand the railroads of today. (One thing we do not collect is model
trains. . . also if you have a large collection of B&O and other
non-regional or non-anthracite RR artifacts, I would most likely recommend
other railroad museums to approach).

I try to help as much as I can.  If I ever do not respond in a timely
manner, I encourage people to keep on me.  Also, I am always interested in
getting volunteer help with the Steamtown archives which covers the DL&W,
Erie, EL and Lehigh Valley.

Patrick McKnight
Historian/Archivist
Steamtown NHS
570-340-5193

We need history, not to tell us what happened or to explain the past, but
to make the past alive so that it can explain us and make a future
possible.-Alan Bloom

WOW   Pat    Sure looks like you  have a great collection of Railroad
material there at Steamtown. Probable sounds  like a great location to put
additional
material if one doesn't have  any other place more appropriate.
Probable Erie, Lackawanna and Erie Lackawanna material would be most
appropriate I would guess?

Do you share this material with others that are interested in it?

Bob Bahrs