(erielack) Re: EL's Port Newark operations

For a complete history of this era of the evolution of the container
shipping business (and into the present) read "The Box - How the Shipping
Container made the World Smaller and the World Economy Bigger" by Marc
Levinson. (It's often on discount sale at overstock.com...)

No EL content, but it explains a lot about how the economics of moving
freight has changed.

Dave G.