RE: (erielack) FW: Question about the Erie RR route thru lordville

Rea Tajiri
Neither the Erie Railroad nor its predecessors operated to Ithaca.  It was possible, however, anytime after c. 1849, to take a train from Lordville to Owego, N.Y., change trains from the then-New York & Erie Rail Road to the Cayuga & Susquehanna Railroad (C&S)  and ride from Owego to Ithaca on the C&S.
Hope this answers your question.
Michael J. Connor