(erielack) EL Dining Car sighting

Right now both of our dining cars are there.  Norfolk Southern gave us a
short punch list for each car.  Thanks to the work of list member (and
ELDCPS member) Rich Tubbs, we were able to remove some critical parts off of
former EL diner 747 that are now being installed on 741.  We hope to have
741 heading east in the next several weeks so that electrical, HVAC and
interior work can begin.  Diner 470 will then be tended to and head east
after it is tended to.

We hope to be able to increase the pace of the restoration and be able to
use volunteers on 741 once it is in New Jersey.  If anyone is interested, we
are also working more or less every weekend in Scranton on our NKP sleeping
car making improvements to the car such as window replacement, windowsill
replacement, and work on the car's water and toilet systems.  If anyone is
willing to lend a hand or wants to work on 741 please drop me an email
off-list.

Needless to say, all of this takes an incredible amount of money.  Our
funding this year has been slower than in previous years, in large part
because a lot of the Foundations who have funded us in the past are holding
off on making donations this year because of what has happened to their
endowments/portfolios.  We probably have about 12 grant requests out there
right now, but we are always looking for more places to ask for support.
Thanks to all of you have given to get us this far.  If you would like to
help please visit http://www.eldcps.org/pages/donation_overview.html  for
some of our giving options.

Regards,
Tim Stuy