(erielack) Vol. 23, No. 2 Issue of The Diamond has arrived

 Today I received my copy of the latest issue of The Diamond. It never fails
to satisfy and this issue so far follows that rule as far as I've delved
into it. I've only progressed as far as "From the Vestibule" by the editor
Mike Schafer  and the first article, "Tempest In A Teapot" by Richard
Palmer.

 "Tempest In A Teapot" will undoubtedly be my favorite part of this issue as
it deals with the Central New York area, but that doesn't mean I won't fully
enjoy the rest of the issue either. This article by Richard Palmer tells of
some of the earliest steam powered railroading in my area and is not only
filled with fact, but enjoyable to read, sometimes even eliciting a chuckle
or two. I quote from Richard's article: "We traveled very fast then-five
miles an hour." Indeed, for the era, it was rather fast.

 To everyone who made this issue possible, a big thanks!

                                                            Todd K. Stearns