Re: (erielack) RR Tug

Tony -

The tug in question is made by a company called Frenchman River, and is of the Bowes design, which was used primarily by the Reading, CNJ, and B&O/C&O.

With modification, you could get a steam tug out of the kit, but as built, it is a diesel tug.

The Walthers kit, almost right out of the box, gives you a TAMS design diesel tug, just right for the Hornell, Elmira and their sisters. The kit itself was designed around the LV's Wilkes-Barre class, also of the TAMS design, but with detail mods, you will be able to have a beautiful kit that is spot on for the last tugs the Erie bought.

Hope this helps answer the basics.

Ralph Heiss
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/railmarineops/