Re: (erielack) Neat angle of a big DL&W bridge...

At 06:14 PM 6/16/2009, Gary wrote:

>No, after zooming in and enlarging the photo, I am pretty sure it's
>the Chrysler Building - I think I see the arches on the tower.  The
>shape looks wrong for the ES.
>
>http://www.greatbuildings.com/buildings/Chrysler_Building.html
>

>Empire State is farther uptown, toward the left.  Photos:
>
>http://www.freefoto.com/browse/1210-07-0?ffid=1210-07-0
>
>Gary R. Kazin
>DL&W Milepost R35.7
>Rockaway, New Jersey

The Chrysler Building, on Lexington between 42nd and 43rd, is located
uptown from the Empire State building which is on Fifth Ave. between
33rd and 34th.

Just my opinion, but from the narrow angle off to the left, I would
think that it's the Empire State Building in the photo. Also, I don't
think the Chrysler Building would look as isolated as the taller
Empire State would.