Re:(erielack) BCW Erie Modernized Coach Roofs, was Rapido

Hi Randy - Yeah, bad choice of words on the trucks.  I updated the AC
but upgraded the trucks.  For the roof, John had recommended adding
styrene to the ends but I chose to cut and splice so as not to change
the slope.  Styrene does seem to adhere well to the resin used in the
roofs (I used a gel adhesive) so I imagine with some (maybe lots of)
judicious splicing and sanding a 2997/2998 roof could be fashioned.
I'll have to give that some thought (whenever I run out of existing
projects...)

Blake - I sent John the pictures and he said he would share them with
you.  The roofs that came with the kits were bowed so I had to resort to
hot water, weighting and clamping to straighten them before cutting.  My
concerns about the roofs staying flat led to my decision to attach them
with screws - so far so good.

Tim - I'd sure buy a modernized HW diner - kit or built up - I'd even
offer to build them, if they weren't such a time sink - my Erie and GTW
stuff are moving along, but the progress on the rest of my Dearborn
roads has been pitiful...

Best wishes,

Pat Foley