From: Jim Guthrie <jguthrie_@_pipeline.com>
Subject: Re: (erielack) NJ/PA - Environmental Assessment for Lackawanna Cutoff now ava...
To: "EL Mail List" <erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>
Date: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 10:57 AM

Tim writes:

>hopefully the ELDCPS.  The passenger service would be nice but it hasn't
>been a wasted effort without.

Money spent on the DL&W Main Line has been an outstanding success as you point out but I don't think you'll find much in the public record (especially in newspaper articles and public meetings) regarding this that haven't pointed out the need to preserve and rehabiliatate "because of the plans for passenger service to New York as soon as [fill in issue df your choice here] <g>.

Cheers,
Jim