Re: (erielack) Kodak says goodbye to Kodachrome

There's still Ektachrome and several Fuji films.

Kodachrome's downfall was the special processing it required.  The other films use the same processing as print films, which are much more popular.

Digital imaging has made a HUGE dent in film demand.  As an example, most hospitals replaced X-ray film with digital imaging many years ago.  Less costly to use, simpler storage of images, easier to send the images, and they even figured out a way to automate the use of the images.  Oh, and there's also a big environmental benefit by avoiding the use of the chemicals needed to process film and the resulting discharges...

I went completely digital five years ago.

Gary R. Kazin
DL&W Milepost R35.7
Rockaway, New Jersey