(erielack) DL&W Track markers at Hoboken Terminal

Do the EL/DL&W men on this list remember how the colored lights were used on the track markers at Hoboken?? Did the various colors convey class of train, or have something to do with departure time or gate status?? I've not come across any refence in the rule books or employee timetables.

A friend is modeling them and he has the correct colored lights in the proper sequence.? During an overnight at Hoboken back in the '80s, sleeping in an excursion consist, one of the markers was open, so I staged various night shots with combinations of them lit with NJT and our DL&W baggage car in the distance.? A few had been published in various books and articles, but I remember back then wanting to use authentic combinations of lights.

Thanks in advance????????????????????????? ....Mike