Re: (erielack) Going Going Gone, Harrison Cut Off

Paul
Yes, I believe it all is still there, but hasn't been used in probably 35
plus years. I doubt if a CR train ever ventured from end to the other.  I
remember going over it in 1968 as a fireman but I doubt it had any service
after  the EL vanished.  There was always talk of getting to Harrison on the
Newark Br via a new connection where the Newark Br goes under the Harrison
Cut  off but it never materialized. NS solved that problem buy cutting some
deal  with the last customer in Harrison, and now both lines are abandon.
Over  and under evening ghost train photo's are doable on the fifth Friday of
November when there's a full moon followed by a solar eclipse the next
day.
Bob Bahrs

In a message dated 6/29/2009 1:05:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,