Re: (erielack) Final questions about telegraph codes

I just pulled out my dispatcher Scranton Divn trainsheet & next to West Pittston is 'W', Wyoming is WY, & Pittston Jct. is CX (probly for Coxton/LVRR.

Walt Smith

________________________________
From: "pat.moore_@_att.net" <pat.moore@att.net>
To: EL Mail List <erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 10:27 PM
Subject: (erielack) Final questions about telegraph codes

Okay, folks, I think I'm getting close to the end here.
Just a few more questions to try to wrap this thing up.

I'm still looking for some kind of indication about how
a notation would be made in the consist sheets for
cars going to/from the Hoboken Shore or CNJ at Weehawken.
Could they be interchanged directly?  If so, there should be
a code for Weehawken.  The same goes for Jersey City.
What would the code be for that?

I know Newberry Jct was not being used by the mid-70s
because all traffic for the Reading was going through Rupert.
However, there must have been some code used for
Newberry Jct. back in the day.  Does anyone remember it?

I'm also trying to find out if there was any other code
for West Pittston, other than "W", which was used for
Waverly in the consist sheets.

Was there a special code for South Akron, as opposed to Akron, Ohio?

There is only one code in the consist sheets that I could
not figure out yet, and that is "WE".

I've found cars in two separate trains that came onto the EL at "WE".
The first one is in train 2/HB-1, and it is EL 73897, a boxcar loaded with
merchandise for
CLEMARKET in Warren, MI, to be interchanged with the PC at BX (Buffalo).
The second one is in train BS-2, and it is EL 69137, an empty boxcar going to
STABRANDS in Sherburne, NY.

I was wondering if "WE" could be West Pittston.  If not, then what is WE?
Seems like it would have to be something on the east end, if a car came from
WE, and was on train 2/HB-1 heading for Buffalo.

Thanks a lot.  When these mysteries are solved, I'll be prepared to share.

- -pat moore