Re:Re: (erielack) DL&W, Kearny Jct 1960s-1970s (1 of 2)

Gentle reminder:

Please trim your replies.  We've seen the poor moon-struck man fall off the bridge at least four times now.

Randy Brown
Jim and List,

Certainly agree that the movement of PRR freights from Harsimus Cove

would normally take them over the lower-level P&H bridge across the Hackensack River. For this reason, I was startled to see some freight

trains operating over the parallel Jersey City Branch at night. These

freight trains, however, were rather small in length and easily handled the grades involved, no doubt filling out somewhere else down the road. During this off-peak time period, H&M headway was evidently such that a short freight train could be squeezed in between scheduled passenger

opened plug door hit a high-level platform at Newark and nearly injured

some waiting passengers.

Bill Sheppard