Re: (erielack) Lackawanna Stub in Elmira to see varnish

As long as we don't see a string a perfectly good old cars going to the scrap yard. So they can't  say, no we can't put Phoebe back on. We have no cars. You see we have new cars. But we now have less than before. (that's what happened in the 1980's) Lackawanna-to the Pacific Lance.

- -----Original Message-----

From: Rob Piecuch <lmprjp88_@_yahoo.com>

To: EL Mail List <erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>

Sent: Wed, Feb 1, 2012 12:12 am

Subject: Re: (erielack) Lackawanna Stub in Elmira to see varnish

I was told by an Amtrak official that the cars were to be shipped to Albany overthe D&H, then on to NYC, but this could change.I'm still trying to picture in my head the sight of a string of NEW Amtrakviewliner "type" cars parading down the "Route of Phoebe Snow" in Elmira in2012.... what a wonderful sight to see...
Rob P