Re:(erielack) Scratchbuilt Tenafly Station

WARNING:  NIT-PICKING FOLLOWS

This is my opinion, based on 58 years' worth of daily viewings of the station.

It's a nicely executed example of scratchbuilding, but it's not accurate.  I don't know what Mr. Artim used as a source, but his proportions are off.  The model is too short, the eave supports are too heavy, and the dormers are too wide. The overall effect is stubby.
And there are discrepancies in the trim details.

Go to "The Next Station Will Be . . .", NRRNJ issue, or -- better yet -- go to Tenafly.  The station is still there.  You could drop in for lunch on your way to the Spring meeting.

And no, I have not built a better one.  I'm not sure that I could.

I just calls'em as I sees'em.

Before you light off the flame throwers, remember that this is the group that worries about the type font on locomotives and can't agree on the colors used on Erie structures.

Randy Brown

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-02-01-12

O_Scale_Tenafly_station_at_Amherst_show.jpg (image/jpeg, 900x591 85830 bytes, BF: 6.110 ppb)

Seen at the Amherst show last weekend.

Schuyler