RE: (erielack) Erie terminal at Jersey City

Paul R. Tupaczewski wrote:
"http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-02-01-12
Overview_Jersey_City_NJ-annotated.jpg (image/jpeg, 1024x805 252632 bytes, BF: 3.26 ppb)
Does the attached help clear up the diagram?"

Also the large rectangular building just south of the DL&W mainline approaching the tunnel portals was the "Lackawanna" Warehouse. The photo clearly show how it was served out of the DL&W freight yard. I spent a summer in the early 1960's, while in high school, packing book shipments on the 7th floor there. My work station was on the north side, with a great view of the railroad action. I still remember every morning about 10:30, the Phoebe Snow heading west, with its two E-8's laying down a thick smoke screen of white exhaust smoke as they accelerated into the tunnels.

Vince Lee

Modeling the Erie Wyoming Division in Pennsylvania and
the Erie 28th Street Terminal in New York City

Please visit my website for eastern and western railfanning photos:
http://www.eastwestrails.com/ and the West Island Model RR Club: www.wimrrc.com