Re: (erielack) IQ Tower, Buffalo??

On Fri, 3 Feb 2012, Rich Tubbs wrote:

> NOTE: This message had contained at least one image attachment.
> To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
> following URL into your web browser:
>

> http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-02-03-12
>
> IQ_Tower_Buffalo_1951.jpg (image/jpeg, 541x800 71810 bytes, BF: 6.03 ppb)
>
> Found this listing on eBay showing IQ Tower near Buffalo, NY. Has the
> typical Erie styling but I've not heard of this one before. Anybody have any
> further info on it?
>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Erie-IQ-Tower-Buffalo-NY-1952-Duplicate-Slide-Erie-Railroad-/160727955142?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256c21f6c6
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Regards,
>            Rich Tubbs
>           Marion, OH
> Former EL Tower Operator
>          ELHS #1226
>       Member ELDCPS
>        DL&WRHS #40
> http://tinyurl.com/cbtmz9

IQ tower controlled the wye to the Niagara Falls (and Black Rock) branch at
East Buffalo. It was a stone's throw east of the old East Buffalo depot.
Photos of IQ are somewhat rare. In fact I have two other digital versions of
this same photo in B&W that are labeled as being in April of 1945. I don't
know which is correct, but there is a car visible behind the barrel under the
stairs that appears to be a late 40's model, you can only see the roof and a
sliver of windshied in the auction listing image, but the whole back end is
shown in the images I have.

BTW, the auction listing says 1952, not 1951.

Henry

J. Henry Priebe Jr.    Blue Moon Internet Corp Network Administrator
www.bluemoon.net       Internet Access & Web Hosting
www.railfan.net        Railfan Network Services