Re: (erielack) Packard Electric

Mike,

Packard Electric Plants 3, 5, and 6 were on Dana St. with the back end of
the plants butting up against the EL main. Paige Ave. was on the east wall
of  the plants.  This was about 500 ft. west of the PRR diamond at North
Warren. Plant 8 was closer to North Warren  and was serviced (at one time)
from the PRR.  This is also where the PRR - Erie interchange was.

The North River Road complex, that is plants 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15
were east of North Warren and actually faced Larchmont NE., even though it was
 called the North River Rd. complex.

The Thomas Rd. Plant, AKA Plt. 41,  was on the south side of town  right up
against the First District mainline. At one time it made or repaired
freight cars before Packard bought it. Later it was sold to Halsey Taylor which
made drinking fountains. It was later sold back to Packard where we made the
 first Computer Command Control harnesses for GM vehicles. There was a
train well  at the back of the plant where the Erie used to spot cars.

I hope this was helpful. Feel free to ask any Packard questions you like. I
 spent 35 1/2 years there.

Rick Fleischer
Cortland, Oh.

In a message dated 2/4/2012 5:08:12 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,