Re:(erielack) door seals and wood panels

Many, if not most, cab-unit side panels were of a product which used plywood with sheet metal bonded to one or both sides.  "Plymtl" was one brand name.  If a replacement panel were chosen with only one side metal sheathed, and they put the metal side inside, the result would be as you see.

Randy Brown

A couple photos piqued my curiosity.

The photo of 7114 at Binghamton NY dated 8-74 also interested me, as I have  a photo of that unit at Meadville in the summer of 76.  Was 7114 the only  unit to get a plywood side panel replacement, or did other units get the  same treatment?  (In my photo there is almost no paint left on the wood.)  The wear pattern on the steps is really interesting, as it allows you to see  that these units were painted yellow first, then masked for the gray and  maroon.

Thanks for sharing these!
Joe Mayer
ELHS 702