Re: (erielack) Farewell to the Branches fantrip

Can you post some of your photos?

Ed W.

In a message dated 2/10/2012 10:14:55 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
etmontgomery46_@_gmail.com writes:

I  didn't ride it but I photographed it when it came through Mountain View.
It  covered all of the suburban lines that would loose passenger service
and it  was a very long day.  There are a few pictures of it on the
Northern
Branch in THE ERIE LACKAWANNA STORY. I watched it trek its way  through
Mountain View to Wanaque-Midvale.  The train came through very  late in the
day.  It had a lot of Stillwells and two food service  cars.  I was told
that the train was so long, they couldn't run the  engines around it at
Midvale so they made the ten mile reverse move back to  Mountain View and
then out to the Sussex Branch and line to  Washington.

Ed Montogmery

The Erie Lackawanna  Mailing List