RE: (erielack) Erie GP7 idiosyncrasies

Bob Clegg asked:
> > What is it that makes the Erie GP7s 1224-1227 different from
> > others without the dynamic brake?  I remember some discussion
> > when they first came out, but don't remember the details.
> > Something about a "dropped step"???  Paul T.  I think you
> > were the originator of the original review.  No?

And Paul Tup responded
> The 1224-1227 had the straight-across end handrails, while the rest had
the
> higher drop-step, resulting in a slight swoop-up of the handrails as they
> approached the drop step.
>
> Basically, the 1224-1227 are the only Geeps that have correct end
handrails
> out of the box.

I am always amused when the writer's perspective is revealed in the answer.
What you mean, Paul, is that 1224-1227 are the only prototypes which can
with modeled by a straight-from-the-box commercial model.

ALL the ERIE GP-7s had "correct" handrails.  It's the models that are not
correct.  After all, the real locomotives are the prototype!

SGL

=======
http://www.pctools.com/
=======