RE: (erielack) Newark Branch in 1936

2538 it is.  You can stop the video just at the point where the smokebox
number plate is about to go out of the upper left corner and see it clearly.

And sure, that could be a wood bodied combine.  Actually it's not a combine,
it's one of the ERIE's four-windowed baggage cars, and they ran into the
early 50s if I'm not mistaken.  They may have had steel underframes.  But
since they never went off-line, a lot of restrictions that apply to
interchange didn't apply.

Schuyler

http://www.criticalpast.com/video/65675042782_suburban-train_train-pulls-up-
at-the-