(erielack) Re Fracking

Unfortunately this program/movie is not completely factual.  Much of the
footage has been 'faked' to create a more compelling storyline. While
fracking may not be totally without environmental problems, some of the
scenes in this movie do not show results of fracking but were 'modified'
to make fracking seem to be totally unacceptable to most informed
citizens. After all we do not live in Bangladesh or some other third
world country.  Natural gas can and does seep into water wells in areas
not involved with fracking for natural gas and further gas drilling can
and does occur without endangering drinking water wells.  What we as
citizens need to know is there is really no one, not states, not the
Federal government and certainly not the gas industry looking out for
the individual property owner.  Just remember the Louisiana Gulf oil
spill/well blowout.  The Feds asked all the drilling companies to
provide a detailed plan if a well blew out.  Amazingly every single
company drilling in the Gulf submitted the exact same plan to the Feds
and when the blowout actually occurred THAT plan did not work.  And what
have the Feds done about this: NOTHING.  So do we want to look for
natural gas and oil in the United States or do we want to continue to be
dependent on Venezuela, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Russia for our power
needs?  Would be be dealing with these 'unfriendly' nations if we had
another option?  People who sell mineral rights on their property should
expect to move away with the money they get from the sale and if they
would not ge enough money to move away then they probably should not
sell out.
Bruce
[I realize THIS TOO is off topic]