(erielack) common road names for frt cars on my E-L

Chris Hall, and another fellow posed the question;Several years back, Model RRer magazine covered this, sugesting per centages of home and foreign interchanged cars.

Personaly, I have amassd over 600 cars since 1946.

Perhaps HALF are E-L, ERIE, or DL-W; of those, about 10-20% are coal hoppers, 25% are boxcars; the rest of various car types;

Of the foreign road cars, maybe half are from lines that directly inter-changed with the home road fom the West, and many of those are Reefers, for

produce since the ERIE carried about 90% of all of this coming to NY City; a lot are Meat Reefers, and 5 are BAR or NH Potatoe cars.

I have many B&O coal hoppers, for bituminous, and several other Eastern roads' ie, NH, WM, LV, L&NE N&W, NKP etc. coal hoppers.

The rest are from various roads, and of various type; Boxcars predominate.

While I did not, in the early years, choose particular roadnames, the collection seems to be about right.

All of mine are pre-1970, for the era I model.

Hope this helps,

73's, Charlie Gerow