RE: (erielack) Divisions

The Erie (from the 1920's) and the EL (until c. 1963) had two Districts, the Eastern District (HQ Jersey City/Hoboken) and the Western District (HQ Youngstown).  The NY, Delaware, Susquehanna, Rochester, Buffalo, Jefferson, and Wyoming Divisions were in the Eastern District while the Allegany, Bradford, Meadville-B&SW, Mahoning, Kent, and Marion Divisions formed the Western District.        From 1920, when it was released from Federal Control, the Erie emulated the PRR and established a Regional system--the New York, Hornell, Ohio, and Chicago IIRC.  The division arrangement was a bit different (the NYS&W was in the system, for example).  About the time of John Bernet's administration (1 Jan 1927 - 1929) the Regions were renamed the Eastern and Western Districts.          Prior to the Regional concept the Erie was generally organized, above the Division level, as the Erie, the Nypano, and the C&E.        The DL&W had a Division organization has it leased and took over operation of its various predecessors.        This may be an interesting article for the Diamond and I may tackle that which will let me drill down on dates and details.        Hope this is of some helpMJC