(erielack) Re: Norfolk Southern Heritage Fleet - Good and Bad News

The good news: NS will paint a unit for the Lackawanna
The BAD news: They aren't doing an EL unit :(

I just got an email from a member of the team coordinating the various
heritage schemes for NS. Their rationale is that "it was pointed out to us
that the Erie Lackawanna scheme is substantially the same as the DL&W
passenger scheme, so we are planning to use correct DL&W lettering for the
unit in GMY instead of EL."

I understand their thinking, but I'm upset at not getting an EL unit.

Maybe the enthusiast community could raise money to have a remaining SD45-2
painted EL.

Henry

J. Henry Priebe Jr.    Blue Moon Internet Corp Network Administrator
www.bluemoon.net       Internet Access & Web Hosting
www.railfan.net        Railfan Network Services