Re: (erielack) NS DL&W unit Are the zebra's stipes white or black?

Boy,  one week ago, BECAUSE YOU WERE HAPPY,  it was," be thankful  for what
your getting, the NS doesn't need railfan's telling them what to do,  it's
there RR and they can do what ever they want,  they don't run on very  much
DL&W track, the scheme is almost the same, having an Erie unit but not  a
Lackawanna unit was ok, that's the way the game goes, It's ok that you  small
batch of Lackawanna fans took it on the chin again,  ect, ect, ect,  ect."

Oh, BTW,   What is out there in the REST of the WORLD, has  noting to do
with the Norfolk Southern painting some NEW units in Heritage Fleet  schemes.

With the knowledge of when it's gone it's gone for ever, I approached the
ELHS 30+ years ago about getting TWO of the GP9s that were soon to be  shed
from the Conrail roster, with the thought that you could have two  different
paint schemes on them.  Went so far as to getting  all the mechanical
history on the four units that were still  remaining.  The ELHS  wanted nothing
to do with equipment,  and so far you have just that. Nothing!  But it isn't
because this  Lackawanna fan didn't try to save two Erie units.

Mike Miterko and I in Tri State and through Rich Jahn in the ARHS got those
 F3 preserved 25 years ago, and I waited 24 years to see them finally get
Lackawanna paint, which was are original intention.   Buy a unit and  get in
line if you really want to see the four letters placed in front of
Lackawanna, but don't start bitching at Lackawanna fans because the NS is now
going to paint and letter an SD70 Lackawanna. I hope my letter to Mr  Moorman
had some effect, but if it didn't, I still think it's a great  day.  :)

Now if the Devils can beat the Rangers tonight it will be a Superlative
Day.

Oh, I forgot, DAMMMM, there not doing the freight  scheme.  What a Bummer!

Bob Bahrs

In a message dated 2/27/2012 1:01:08 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,