(rshsdepot) LIRR Depot @ South ferry . . .

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the following URL into your web browser and click/select the thumbnail image(s) for the listed filename(s).
http://www.railfan.net/cgi-bin/listthumb.cgi?/lists/rshsdepot-photo/rshsdepot-03-31-01

LIRRXDepotX_@_XS.Ferry.jpg (image/jpeg, 433141 bytes)
	charset="iso-8859-1"

...Proposed LIRR depot.....Here we see a map and part of the article =
about proposal to land fill to Governor's Island and beyond creating a 4 =
mile Long Manhattan Peninsula. A fifteen track bridge over the North =
River, a second to carry the LIRR from Atlantic Avenue foot to the new =
10 acre peninsula and then north to a new elevated "Grand Union Station" =
at South ferry...[sorry I cut off the whole article]...

NY Times article from October 1, 1893 "Engineer Ruge's Big Scheme"...I =
am not sure if this was the first proposed Long Island Rail Road New =
York City terminal (Manhattan terminal), but it is early..

The map is really nice, the track marks left by someone once in the =
decades messing up the microfilm...

Paul